UK Net Guide Banking Bodies Top 10 Site
Independent Banking Advisory Service (IBAS) - IBAS launched in 1992 as a specialist unincorporated business banking membership organization assisting bank customers with UK business banking account/loan account/mortgage account and security disputes and business banking debt disputes. Our bank analysis and investigation of business bank loans, bank accounts, banking contracts, business banking account facilities and banking debt recovery information has been instrumental in our member's success.
IBAS is now in it's 25th year helping/guiding those with UK Business Banking disputes and Director's Personal Guarantee business debt claims - IBAS is the only UK non profit organization which provides business banking customers with specialist business banking assistance and specialist business banking guidance and also IBAS specialist business banking investigations.
IBAS comments on UK banking news 2017
IBAS business banking dispute negotiating experience has a proven strategy which provides claims and defences for business bank customers. IBAS has excellent banking investigation reputation and has featured on BBC TV, BBC TV News, ITV, Meridian and Sky News and contributed to editorials and articles for the Sunday Times, Times, Daily Mail, Daily Express and Daily Mirror.
IBAS provides experienced specialist and practical advice to our members on how to deal with and control the bank’s business involvement in their business and bank ‘collection’ activities after demand of the debt has been made on a Mortgage, Loan or Director’s Personal Guarantee and all other business banking matters. What can you do and how best to do it? Can you dilute your director’s personal liability - how can you ensure the bank do not take all your assets under a bank’s director personal guarantee debt demand?
Those questions and many others have been asked in cases where IBAS investigate bankers and the bank’s actions.
IBAS will explain and identify all the issues for you when we take up any business banking case under membership - but before we can offer membership, we need to understand your 'case' and what has already taken place.
As a non proﬁt organization we cannot help everyone who enquires or wants IBAS assistance and we need to select only cases which most require our specialist assistance. Often, a number of emails will be necessary for us to understand the speciﬁcs and what is being claimed. Once we have determined that we can assist with a case we can then offer IBAS membership if it is appropriate.
IBAS members are advised on all matters which may be raised in the course of their membership such as: Bankruptcy, Codes of Conduct issues, Company borrowings - which are now threatening the business owner’s home, Bank enforcing bank demands, Joint and Several Liability debts and Guarantees - how will that alter individual claims, penalty or overcharged interest, Charging Orders, Orders for Sale, Payment obtained from property equity, Full & Final settlements, phased payments and many others. It is a normality that many of our members will have homes on which the bank can ‘see’ available equity - which the bank will know they can leverage by their actions to obtain payment of their debt claim/s. IBAS investigations centre on ﬁnding the facts with which we can best protect our member’s interest and their homes.
- IBAS obtains information directly and indirectly from banks - which means that bank's 'concealed' information can be used by our member in resisting a bank’s claim or by IBAS in negotiating the claim away or at a reduced level, which would not otherwise have been possible.
- IBAS is totally independent and acts for UK businesses in business banking investigations across all industries and has done since 1992. IBAS investigations of business bank account interest overcharging means that IBAS can provide a very strong negotiating position.
- IBAS information and experience has been gathered from ‘case work’ and very detailed investigations since 1992 . IBAS has gathered unique, confidential information validated by the Cruickshank Treasury Review in 2000 and now used by IBAS in providing professional business banking case assistance.
- IBAS members can rely on a great deal of information and knowledge due to the volume of business banking cases investigated by IBAS in our 'case work' since 1992 and from which we have collected unique in depth knowledge and information from individual bank Debt Recovery Units.
- We do not share IBAS research information with any other entity.
- IBAS do not 'sell on' leads or 'buy' leads by paying introducers or by paid advertising through third parties. That means you will not be compromised nor will your 'case' be compromised.
Bank recovery action is slowed whilst IBAS requests information and information (which might otherwise not have been known about or shown) may then assist IBAS to establish the validity of the bank's claim/security and/or reduces the bank's debt claim. Our requests for information can also allow better preparation time whilst IBAS identify your precise position and also evaluate defences.
Whilst IBAS is directly in contact with the lender (if we agree to do so) our members are better protected from bank 'bullying'.
IBAS act for members as a professional advisor in dealings with the bank, automatically reducing stress from the bank’s claim. IBAS questions are based on all our experience in dealing with business banking debt claims and IBAS questions focus on the correct areas of the complaint.
IBAS examine 'new law' and existing case law to assess Director's Personal Guarantee debt claims or business banking claims. Banks will ignore new case law if it is not of benefit to them - IBAS will evaluate all defences available and new case law may provide assistance to dispute a bank's claim.
- When IBAS dispute a bank claim, it can be for the whole claim or part of that claim. IBAS questions and requests for information show banks and lenders that IBAS has prepared a solid position and a decision to not proceed to litigation will be cemented into agreement with IBAS to end that claim. Strengths in a drafted defence can be enough to obtain a healthy compromise position.
- IBAS is a not for profit organization and therefore full value is provided to our members when they obtain bank compensation or in overcharging disputes.
- IBAS members are supported by specialists and a professional business banking advice team and confidential business banking assistance.
- IBAS is a national, professional specialist in UK business banking, which means ‘local’ bank pressures are removed.
- IBAS will establish how best the business banking debt claim/banking dispute can be resisted, diminished or negotiated.
IBAS evaluation of your case will determine which case law the bank rely upon and also whether new case law can or may alter the bank’s position.
- IBAS history of media success means that Bank negotiations are 'stronger' because of the issues successfully publicized by IBAS.
- Banks are aware of IBAS continuing contact with the National Media and the history and 'strength' from that 'contact' - that is invaluable for our members.